ECMining Ltd supplies commodities on contract to the mining, agriculture and chemical industries
Core commodities traded at ECMining Ltd
- Sulphuric Acid - Sulphuric acid is a strong mineral acid that is soluble in water at all concentrations. A central substance in the chemical industry, it takes the form of a colourless to dark grey, light yellow or light purple, slightly turbid, oily, corrosive liquid. Principal uses for sulphuric acid include lead-acid batteries for vehicles, ore processing, fertiliser manufacturing, oil refining, wastewater processing and chemical synthesis.
- Sulphur - Sulphur is an abundant, multivalent non-metal. Sulphur in its native form is a yellow crystalline solid. It is heavily used in the manufacture of Sulphuric Acid, which is an essential product in the extraction/recovery of Non Ferrous metals such as Copper & Cobalt in the form of Sulphates. Its other commercial uses are primarily in fertilizers, insecticides and fungicides.
- Caustic soda - Sodium hydroxide (NaOH), also known as lye and caustic soda, is a caustic metallic base. It is used in many industries, mostly as a strong chemical base in the manufacture of pulp and paper, textiles, drinking water, soaps and detergents and as a drain cleaner. Pure sodium hydroxide is a white solid; available in pellets, flakes, granules and as a 50% saturated solution. It is hygroscopic and readily absorbs water from the air, so it should be stored in an airtight container. It is very soluble in water with liberation of heat. It also dissolves in ethanol and methanol, though it exhibits lower solubility in these solvents than does potassium hydroxide.
- Quicklime - Chemically known as Calcium Oxide, this is a white, caustic, crystalline product which is accomplished by heating Lime containing CaCO3 at a temperature of 825ºC, known as Calcination, this process liberates a molecule of Carbon Dioxide leaving CaO. Lime has multiple uses, some of which are for use with mortar and plaster, medicinal purposes, insecticides, plant and animal food, laboratory reagent for gas absorption, precipitation, dehydration etc. And also as a reagent in the manufacture of paper, high grade metals and cement.
- Urea - Urea is an organic compound, which in its solid form is colourless, odourless, neither acidic nor basic, highly soluble in water, and relatively non-toxic. In application urea is widely used in fertilizers and animal feed as a convenient source of nitrogen nutrients and is also an important feedstock for the chemical industry. Other fertilizers include: NPK; Phosphoric Acid: Petrochemicals
- Diesel - Produced from the fractional distillation of crude oil between 200 °C (392 °F) and 350 °C (662 °F) at atmospheric pressure, this product is widely used throughout the world for use in Diesel engines and is supplied by CRC® with a minimum Sulphur content of 500ppm.•Bitumen - Bitumen is a mixture of organic liquids that are highly viscous, black, sticky, entirely soluble in carbon disulphide, and composed primarily of highly condensed polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. Bitumen is primarily used for paving roads. Its other uses are for bituminous waterproofing products, including the use of bitumen in the production of roofing felt and for sealing flat roofs.
- Lubricants - Containing 90% base oil and less than 10% additives, Lubricants in their various mixtures and ratios have a wide spectrum of application such as keeping moving parts apart, Reducing friction, transferring heat, carrying away contaminants & debris, transmitting of power, protection against wearing & corrosion, sealant for gasses and to stop the risk of smoke and fire.
- Hydraulic Oils
- Engine Oils
- Transmission Oils
- Transformer Oils
Other petrochemical chemical products available: Base Oil; Fuel Oil; Xylene; Synthetic Ethanol; Paraffin Oil (Kerosene); Benzene.